Interesting points mentioned. Diesel is not the clear cut choice after all.
- The drop in fuel prices, and the narrowing price gap between petrol and diesel.
- Lower purchase price. Diesel cars are usually priced at least 25 percent higher than their petrol model.
- Lower maintenance costs. Petrol cars have 25 percent lower maintenance costs compared to a diesel car.
- New tech adds more power and mileage. By converting a petrol car to CNG, the running cost will be cheaper than a Diesel car.
- Easy all-weather driving. Petrol is the suitable fuel to all weather conditions – especially winter. Diesel engines struggle at high altitudes because of the rarefied air. Diesel starts to freeze at temperatures below minus 15 degree centigrade.